Monday, March 28, 2011

Why does the media make Mexico look like the poorest country in the world?

Why does the media make Mexico look like the poorest country in the world?
Ive been to Mexico many times and the people arent poor..Ive even been to one of the poorest states in Mexico and the people have enough money to feed their families and buy nice things! Im Mexican you idiot. Ive traveled to alot of places and my mom is from Guerrero, which is one of the poorest states in Mexico
Other - Society & Culture - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've been myself, and not to resort areas either, and they aren't rich.
2 :
Because all the ones that come here are poor as dirt
3 :
media mizleads
4 :
Well aren't you ignorant?! Lol you haven't been deep into Mexico obviously. You should definitely check out what is called the EZLN in Mexico. Get some education
5 :
You need to do a little more traveling in Mexico. I too have been to Mexico many times, and can tell you for a fact they have more poor people than anyplace I've ever seen except Asia. Does this mean they are the poorest country; of course not! However being really poor in Mexico (any part) is critical to life.
6 :
Don't they do that with most (If not all) Latino countries? They always show the poverty and the grime, but never show the rest which in most cases (In most countries) is the vast majority.
7 :
Because bitch ass white people are racist and don't like mexicans , BUT Mexicans are the best race there is . We got good food , good music , good culture , good skills , we ship all the drugs to America from Mexico and we import alot of good beer , Most of California is Mexican and the U.S. , we do all the construction because Mexicans are very good at that and fixing cars and making Mexican food , most gangters are MEXICAN and the rest are different races . Sorry if I offended any race , I'm not racist , I respect all races . I have alot of homies and homegirls who are other races .
8 :
I prefer places in Mexico that are far away from the resorts and touristy areas. Little towns that are full of good Mexican family type people. I didn't notice if they were rich or poor. I did however notice extreme poverty in the U.S., along with very, very high crime. It made me cry, in one city, to think that people had to live there. This was before the 2008 crash. Before my first trip to the U.S., I thought everyone there was going to be rich, skinny and beautiful. I was a young teenager, and that was all I'd ever seen on tv. Before I went to Mexico, I was warned and believed that I'd have to hide all my belongings from any of the 'locals' as they'd steal from me. And to be careful of the Mexican men. I'd never seen so many poor, unkempt, obese, dirty people as I did in the U.S. (Newport Beach, C.A.), and, I'd never been to such a nice place as Mexico. And, the Mexicans were absolute lovely people. In Mexico, the only men to worry about for me, were the fat, money bags, Americans leering at the young Mexican girls. Funny how powerful the media can be.
9 :
because of the extent of the organized crime there and the fact that a lot of them come to the US often
10 :
Gracias a las peliculas, donde todavia presentan a Mexico con gente montando burros.... Aqui en Chihuahua yo solo he visto burros en el Zoologico o en el Expogan..........