Friday, March 28, 2014

How good would an exchange trip to Mexico look on a college application?

How good would an exchange trip to Mexico look on a college application?
I really want to go on an exchange trip to Mexico to learn about the culture. The school takes us to a really nice piece of Mexico and we stay with a family there and learn more about the language, people, and customs. My parents seem to think that it won't make much of a difference on my college application and it's a lot of money. I'm having a hard time finding proof for them. Please help me :( :(
Financial Aid - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It will look great on your college transcript. It shows that you are smart and have lots of extra-curricular activities.
2 :
It depends on what type of college you are looking at and your major. If for example you're majoring in Spanish it would look great if you wanted to be considered for the Spanish Department's Honors Program. If you're leaning towards a large, state university then things like this which help you to stand out from the pack can move you to different levels and help you to become much more appealing for scholarships and admission. Private colleges love love love this kind of thing, seriously if you can and want to do it, do it. I wish I could have had this kind of opportunity.